Tuesday 16 July 2013

At the moment...

So it has been hot. Really hot. The garden is a little wilted and the plants are struggling, I don't like to water the garden as it creates shallow root systems and therefore weak plants.

This is the garden with no water and it has been completely dry for the past three weeks with baking hot sun and a light breeze the ground is nearly cracking here in Ludlow.

I did add water to the pond, it was becoming stagnant so a couple of watering cans of rain water from the water butt helped alleviate the worst of the stagnation.

As for me, I have been a 'shade' ninja, I can spot a patch at 100 yards so I'm not terribly burnt, but even in the shade, the reflected light has caused me to go an unhealthy shade of red... ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts by Zemanta